Wendi Darlin

writes hard men with soft Southern tongues and the women who bring them to their knees. Get ready for some

Hot Southern Lovin'

Erotic Romance

Cowboy Games video!

Monday, June 15, 2009

LOVIN' OUR BODIES Motivations

I think summer is officially taking its toll on everyone. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. We need to step out of the groove and enjoy this time of year when we can. I will be leaving in just a little while to go spend a week with family. I'll find a way to fit in my workouts, but my normal schedule won't exist.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and if you're off schedule too, I hope you find a way to fit your personal goals into your day. I'll check in when I can while I'm out of town, but it won't be as frequently as usual.

Here is a quote I thought you might like this week:

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Elinor Smith

I love this because we know how this applies to our lives and careers, but it also applies to our health. To be healthy and fit is to be proactive about taking care of yourself, making time when you don't want to or it's easier not to - which is more often than not for most of us.

So how are you doing this week? Are you making progress? Have you fallen into a rut? That happens!! Have you fallen off the wagon altogether? That happens too! Tell us how you're doing and know that we're in your corner, even if you're not meeting your goals. And if you are meeting your goals, inspire us! We love to cheer you on.

3 comments:

Tonya Ramagos said...

I exercised both my mind and body yesterday and forgot to post! Nothing out of the norm for for me. The usual Monday workout. I'm still trying to get back on the whole eating right concept. I'll get there eventually. 3,500 words on the latest WIP kept my mind busy and off eating. Go romance! LOL

Hope everyone is having a good week. Wendy, have fun with the family. You deserve it:)

Wendi said...

Great job on both counts, Tonya! You continue to be an inspiration. :)

Ann Cory said...

Hi ladies :) Sorry for being MIA - have had bad days and some okie dokie days. On the eating front that is going well - am all stuffed with fruit, vegetables, nuts, clean meat, and absolutely no gluten.

There's a bakery nearby that only serves gluten free products - oh my gosh you walk in there and it smells better than a regular bakery. I can go in there and safely ask for anything - it's a nice boost :)

I walk 15 minutes each day if I have the energy, which hasn't been much. I've been doing the supplements for 2 weeks now and on Monday I go in for blood tests to see if the anemia has improved, along w/ the other stats. I'm looking forward and not looking forward to it, lol.

I haven't gotten a lot done. Haven't been online much and am therefore behind on stories and edits - which is making me feel lousy, but I've got to get a handle on my health.

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well - even if routines are changed around.

*hugs*
Ann